Honey Hibiscus Orange Punch
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1/2 cup dried hibiscus blossoms
- 1 1/4 cup honey syrup
- 1 cup orange juice, fresh squeezed
- 2 1/2 cups cold
- Ice cubes, for serving
- 1 bunch mint leaves, fresh
- orange peel,
Orange Blossom Honey Syrup
- 1 cup orange blossom honey
- 1/4 cup hot water
- Pour boiling water over the hibiscus, cover and allow to steep for 30 minutes.
During this time, make the Orange Blossom Honey Syrup.
- Strain the hibiscus tea base into a 2-quart pitcher; add the orange blossom
honey syrup, orange juice and cold water; stir until dissolved.
- Orange Blossom Honey Syrup: In a small saucepan, slowly bring honey and
water to a boil. Remove from the heat and allow to cool (this can also be made
ahead of time and refrigerated until use).
- To serve: Pour 10 ounces of the punch into a cocktail shaker half-filled
with ice cubes and 2 to 3 mint leaves; close tightly and shake. Pour into a
tall glass; garnish with orange peel and fresh mint leaves. Serve immediately.
5 to 6 servings
Reprinted with permission from
the National Honey Board - nhb.org.