Hot Buttered Cranberry Punch
- 5 cups unsweetened pineapple juice
- 5 cups cranberry juice
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 cans (about 2 cups) cranberry sauce
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon whole cloves
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 cups vodka (optional)
- In a large saucepan or stock pot, combine the juices, brown sugar, cranberry sauce and water. Tie the whole cloves and cinnamon sticks in cheesecloth and add to the pot. Bring to a low boil, reduce heat and simmer for 1 hour or longer.
- Just before serving, stir in the vodka, if desired, and the butter. The butter will float on top and may need to be replenished occasionally, or float a small pat of butter in each cup.
- Serve in mugs or heat-resistant punch cups.
Yield: 30 to 35 (4-ounce) servings
Crock pot instructions: Combine all ingredients except butter and vodka in the crock pot. Cover and cook on LOW for 4 to 10 hours.
Just before serving, stir in the vodka, if desired, and the butter. The butter will float on top and may need to be replenished occasionally.