White Sangria with Peaches
and Grand Marnier
This is another version of a wine cooler. Any crisp, relatively dry white wine
will do the trick here; just avoid chardonnay.
- Plenty of ice cubes
- 1 (750 ml) bottle crisp white wine such as pinot gris
- 1 cup tropical fruit juice such as mango, papaya or guava
- 2 ripe peaches,
pitted and cut into 8 wedges each
- 1/2 cup Grand Marnier
- 1 orange, thinly
sliced (not peeled)
- 1 lime, thinly sliced (not peeled)
- Fill a large pitcher halfway with ice, then pour in the wine, fruit juice,
peach wedges, Grand Marnier and about three-quarters of the orange and lime
slices. Stir until cold and well mixed.
- Pour into glasses, adding a few of the reserved fruit slices to each.
Per serving: 297 calories; 0 g fat (0 g saturated fat; 0 percent calories
from fat); 29 g carbohydrates; 0 mg cholesterol; 13 mg sodium; 1 g protein; 2 g