Fruit Smoothies with Variations
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk (NOT evaporated milk)
- 1 (8 ounce)
carton plain yogurt
- 1 small banana, cut up
- 1 cup frozen or fresh whole strawberries
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple packed with juice, chilled
- 2 tablespoons lemon
juice from concentrate
- 1 cup ice cubes
- Halved fresh strawberries, optional
- Chill sweetened condensed milk.
- In blender container, combine sweetened condensed milk, yogurt, banana,
whole strawberries, pineapple with its juice and lemon juice from concentrate;
cover and blend until smooth.
- With blender running, gradually add ice cubes, blending until smooth.
- Garnish with halved strawberries if desired.
- Serve immediately.
Strawberry Smoothies: Omit banana and crushed pineapple. Proceed
Peach Smoothies: Omit strawberries and pineapple. Add 2 cups frozen or fresh
sliced peaches. Proceed as directed.
Key Lime Smoothies: Omit strawberries, pineapple and lemon juice
from concentrate. Add 1/3 cup Key lime juice. Proceed as above. Tint with green
food coloring if desired. Garnish with lime if desired.