Chai Tea (Masala Chai)
- 3 cups water
- 4 teaspoons dried tea leaves
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 teaspoon Masala Chai Powder
- 3 teaspoons granulated sugar
Masala Chai Powder
- 2 sticks cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ginger powder
- 3 to 4 cloves
- 4 to 5 cardamoms
- 1/2 teaspoon saunf (fennel)
- 1 peppercorn
- Heat the milk in the microwave for a minute.
- Bring the water to a boil along with the sugar. Add the tea leaves and masala
powder. When the concoction starts boiling, take it from the stovetop.
- Pour out the milk equally into the 4 cups. Place a strainer on one cup and
pour about 1/3 cup of the tea concoction into the strainer.
- Remove strainer and mix the tea well.
- Repeat for remaining cups.
- Masala Chai Powder: Powder all the above ingredients and mix.
- Store in an airtight container.
- Will keep well for years.
Yield: 1 (16 ounce) drink