- 1 quart water
- 1 quart milk
- 1/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons grated orange peel
- 8 single servings orange pekoe tea bags
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- In a 3- to 4-quart saucepan over medium high heat, stir the water, milk,
brown sugar and orange peel until boiling.
- Add tea bags and vanilla extract, reduce heat, stir gently and simmer for
1 to 2 minutes.
- Cover, remove from heat and let stand 10 minutes.
- Pour liquid through a fine strainer into a large pitcher.
- Serve hot or cold.
Yield: about 2 quarts