Peach Basil Tea
- 3 orange pekoe tea bags
- 1 cup loosely packed fresh basil leaves
- 4 cups water
- 3 1/2 cups peach nectar (canned in the juice section)
- 1/4 cup chilled simple syrup*
* equal amounts of granulated sugar and water warmed to dissolve
- Put tea bags and basil in heatproof quart glass measure bowl. Bring water
to boil and pour over tea and basil. Steep for 5 minutes.
- Add simple syrup. Let cool to about room temperature and add peach nectar.
- Remove basil leaves.
- Serve over ice with springs of fresh basil.
Can be made 2 to 3 days ahead and kept chilled.
Can also freeze peach slices and add as ice cube substitutes.