Jamaican Style Jerk Steak Bowl
- 1 beef skirt steak (about 1 to 1 1/2 pounds)
- 1/2 cup nonfat Greek-style yogurt
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons Caribbean Jerk Seasoning Blend
- 6 cups packaged coleslaw mix
- 2 cups diced fresh mangoes
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 2 tablespoons Pickapeppa™ Sauce
- 2 tablespoons pineapple juice
- Marinade: Combine Marinade ingredients in small bowl. Place beef steak and
marinade in food-safe plastic bag; turn to coat. Close bag securely and
marinate in refrigerator for 6 hours or as long as overnight.
- Bowl: Combine yogurt and jerk seasoning in large bowl. Add coleslaw
mix, mangoes and quinoa; mix well. Cover and refrigerate.
- Remove steak from marinade; discard marinade. Pat steaks dry with
- Place steak on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, covered,
7 to 12 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, covered, 8 to
12 minutes) for medium rare (145 degrees F) to medium (160 degrees F)
doneness. Remove; keep warm.
- Divide cole slaw mixture among 4 bowls. Carve steak against the
grain into thin slices. Season with salt, as desired. Place steak slices
on top of coleslaw mixture. Garnish with diced mango, as desired.
Yield: 4 servings
Nutrition information per serving: 401 Calories; 14 g Total Fat; 5 g
Saturated Fat; 7 g Monounsaturated Fat; 79 mg Cholesterol; 715 mg Sodium; 47
g Total carbohydrate; 29 g Protein; 4.2 mg Iron; 4.7 mg Niacin; 0.7 mg
Vitamin B6; 110.1 mg Choline; 3.9 mcg Vitamin B12; 6.1 mg Zinc; 21.7 mcg
Selenium; 5.9 g Fiber
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
Texas Beef Team
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Bowl and Buddha Bowl Recipes