Mediterranean Steak and Quinoa Bowl
- 1 pound beef top sirloin steak or flank steak
- 16 cups baby spinach
- 3 cups quinoa, cooked
- 2/3 cup fresh cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup cucumber, sliced
- 2 1/2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons salt-free Greek seasoning
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt, plain
- 1/4 cup cucumber, grated
- 1 tablespoon fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon dried dill weed
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Combine marinade ingredients in a small bowl. Place half of the
marinade in a zip-top plastic bag; reserving the other half for basting.
Add Greek seasoning and steak to bag. Marinate for 15 minutes to 2 hours
for sirloin or for 2 hours to overnight for flank steak.
- Heat a grill pan on stove on MEDIUM HIGH heat.
- Remove steak from bag, discard leftover marinade. Once grill pan is
hot, place steak on pan and grill 10-12 minutes for medium rare (145
degrees F) to medium (160 degrees F) doneness, turning occasionally and
basting with reserved marinade during the last 5 minutes.
- Remove steak from pan, and rest for 3 minutes. Salt to taste.
- Steam spinach in a pot and cook quinoa according to package
instructions. Set aside.
- Combine Tzatziki sauce ingredients in a bowl.
- Evenly divide quinoa, spinach, tomatoes, and cucumbers in four
bowls. Top bowls with feta cheese and 2 tablespoons Tzatziki Sauce.
Suggested toppings: pistachios and pomegranate reduction
Nutrition information per serving: Calories 440; Total fat 14 g (Sat.
fat 3.5g; Trans fat 0g); Cholest. 64mg; Sodium 430mg; Total Carb. 42g; Fiber
10g; Total Sugars 4g; Protein 37g; Vit D (0% DV); Calcium (25% DV); Iron
(60% DV); Potas. (15%DV)
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
Texas Beef Team
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Bowl and Buddha Bowl Recipes