Pecan Buddha Bowl
This power-packed pecan buddha bowl is the perfect dish to give you a
superfood energy boost! Nutritious pecans, sweet potato, kale, quinoa and eggs
combine to make a bowl that’s deliciously packed with nutrients.
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and diced
- 1 red onion, cut into wedges
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or pecan oil, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 1/2 cups kale, chopped
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1/4 cup raw pecan halves
- 2 large eggs, soft boiled
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Spread sweet potatoes and onion on a parchment lined baking sheet.
Drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and toss to coat. Roast for 30 minutes.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add kale
and sauté quickly for 2 to 3 minutes or until wilted, but still bright green.
- Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Divide quinoa between two bowls.
- Squeeze a little lemon juice over each bowl and season quinoa with salt,
pepper, and a drizzle of olive oil if desired. Stir to combine.
- Top each quinoa bowl with sweet potatoes, roasted onion, kale, pecans
and one soft boiled egg.
Nutrition facts: Calories 620 Fat 32g Sat Fat 4.5g Sodium 740mg Carbs 68g
Fiber 21g Protein 21g
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
American Pecan Council
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Bowl and Buddha Bowl Recipes