Roasted Roots Power Bowl with White Oak Cheddar
These nutritious vegetarian Roasted Roots Power Bowl with White Oak Cheddar will surely satisfy for a hearty entrée. And they are easy enough to make on a weeknight.
Simply toss chunks of root vegetables with a little oil and roast them until they are tender and browned. Pile the veggies over cooked quinoa and then add on some buttery Cabot White Oak Cheddar.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and cut into 1 inch chunks
- 2 parsnips, peeled and cut into 1 inch chunks
- 1 small celeriac (celery root), skin cut off and cut into 1 inch chunks
- 1 teaspoon Herbs de Provence or Italian Seasoning Blend
- 1 teaspoon coarse kosher salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper, divided
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa, rinsed
- 2 cups vegetable or chicken broth
- 4 teaspoons minced shallot
- 4 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 4 ounces Cabot White Oak Cheddar, broken into chunks
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- Heat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Roast vegetables: Toss sweet potato, parsnips and celeriac in a large bowl with 1 tablespoon oil, herb blend, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Spread out on a large baking sheet. Roast, stirring occasionally until browned and tender, 25 to 35 minutes.
- Cook quinoa: Bring broth to a simmer in a medium saucepan over high heat. Add quinoa and return to a simmer. Cover, reduce heat to low to maintain a simmer, and cook until the quinoa has absorbed the liquid and the germ bursts, 15 to 20 minutes. Let sit covered for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Make Dressing: Whisk shallot, vinegar, mustard, honey, the remaining 2 tablespoons oil, the remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and the remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a small bowl until combined. Alternatively, puree with a mini-prep or immersion blender.
- Assemble Power Bowls: Mound cooked quinoa in the center of 4 wide bowls. Top each with 1/4 of the roasted vegetables. Drizzle with the dressing, dividing evenly. Top each bowl with Cabot White Oak cheddar, cranberries and parsley, dividing evenly.
Yield: 4 servings, 2 cups each | Prep Time: 25 min | Cook Time: 30 min
Recipe and photo used with permission from:
Cabot Creamery Co-operative
Recipe and photo courtesy of