Spicy Honey Chicken Rice Bowls
These easy-to-make Spicy Honey Chicken Rice Bowls are packed with flavor and only take 30 minutes to make!
This recipe features U.S.-grown Medium Grain Rice and comes to us from our friend Tawnie Graham of Kroll's Korner.
- 1 cup U.S.-grown medium grain rice
- 1 1/2 cups water
- Dash of salt
Spicy Honey Sauce
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons sriracha
- 1 tablespoon mirin or rice wine (not rice vinegar or rice wine vinegar)
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger, minced
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, thawed
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 head broccoli, roasted or steamed
- 1/4 cup green onions, diced
- Cook the rice. Follow the package directions or use this easy stove top method: Combine rice with water and salt in a small saucepan. Heat to boiling; stir once or twice. Reduce the heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until most of the water is absorbed. Fluff with fork.
Spicy Honey Sauce
- Combine soy sauce, honey, Sriracha, mirin, garlic and ginger in a bowl or measuring cup. Whisk until smooth.
- Cube thawed, boneless skinless chicken breasts into bite size pieces.
- Heat olive oil in a nonstick frying pan. Add half of the chicken and cook until nicely browned. Pro tip: don’t cook all of the chicken at once. The pan will get crowded and it won’t stay hot enough. We want tasty browned chicken pieces! Place first half of chicken on a paper towel lined plate and cook the rest of the chicken.
- Pour all of the chicken and the sauce into the pan to bring to a simmer.
- Thicken sauce. Mix the cornstarch and water together and whisk into the sauce.
- Divide rice evenly into bowls. Top each bowl with chicken and broccoli (or veggie of choice). Garnish with green onions if desired. Enjoy!
Yield: 4 servings/bowls | Prep: 10 min | Cook: 20 min
Nutrition Information - Serving: 1 bowl Calories 456 Total Fat 4g Saturated Fat 1g Cholesterol 72mg Sodium 2059mg Carbohydrates 71g Dietary Fiber 5g Sugar 21g Protein 35g
Recipe and photo used with permission from: