Almond Amaretto Loaf
This is a special gift for a friend or a tasty treat for your family. Almond
Amaretto Loaf is a lightly sweetened bread, flavored with Amaretto and filled with
almonds, then drizzled with an Amaretto Glaze.
- 1 cup milk
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup Amaretto liqueur
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups bread flour
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds, toasted
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons bread machine yeast
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar, sifted
- 2 tablespoons Amaretto liqueur
- 1 to 2 teaspoons milk
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- Recommended Cycle: Basic/white bread cycle; light or medium/normal color setting.
- Bread: Add ingredients to bread machine pan in the order suggested by manufacturer,
adding almonds with flour. (If dough is too dry or stiff or too soft or slack, adjust
dough consistency). Remove bread from pan; cool on wire rack.
- Amaretto Glaze: Combine confectioners' sugar, Amaretto liqueur and enough
milk to make glaze of drizzling consistency. Drizzle with Amaretto Glaze and sprinkle
with sliced almonds.
Yield: 1 1/2 pound loaf
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.