Apple Roquefort Bread
This is one of my favorite breads. I normally use it for breakfast as it comes
out wonderfully using the delay cycle, and there is nothing better in the world
than waking up to freshly baked bread. It also makes a great addition to any lunch
or dinner menu. You can use your favorite bleu cheese in place of the Roquefort
- 3/4 cup apple juice
- 1/3 cup crumbled Roquefort cheese
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- 1 1/3 cups whole wheat flour
- 2/3 cup bread flour
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon active dry yeast
- Add the ingredients to the bread machine as directed by the manufacturer.
- Add the cheese and juice together.
- If possible, use the light crust setting for best results.
Posted by Chyrel at Recipe Goldmine 12/13/2001 8:44 am.