This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Cream deMint Chocolate Chip Bread
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 4 cups bread flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon baking cocoa
- 2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1/3 cup mint chocolate chips
- Have all the ingredients at room temperature and accurately measured. Put
ingredients in according to YOUR machine's instructions. Recommended cycle:
BASIC/WHITE light setting.
- Once machine starts mixing/kneading, open lid and check the dough. The dough
should form a soft ball around the kneading blade. If the dough is to dry, (i.e.
braking apart) add water; 1 tablespoon at a time. If the dough is sticking to
the sides of the pan, add flour; 1 tablespoon at a time.
- When the machine reaches the cycle to add fruits/nuts, add the baking mint
chips or add them near the end of the kneading cycle.
- When bread is done, remove from pan and let cook on wire rack.
Yield: 16 slices
Calories/Serving: 170 calories/serving
Nutrition Information: One slice provides approximately: 170 calories, 5 g protein, 31
g carbohydrates, 1 g fiber, 3 g fat (1 g saturated), 1 mg cholesterol, 74 mcg folate,
2 mg iron and 227 mg sodium
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
Wheat Foods Council