Crusty Bread Bowls
- 1 cup water
- 2 3/4 cups bread flour
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons bread machine yeast
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon water
- Place all ingredients EXCEPT egg yolk and 1 tablespoon of water into the
bread machine pan in the order recommended by the manufacturer.
- Select Dough/Manual cycle.
- Grease the outsides of six (10-ounce) oven-safe glass custard cups. Place
the cups upside down on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Divide the dough into 6 equal pieces. Pat or roll each piece into a 7-inch
circle on a lightly floured surface. Shape the dough over the outsides of the
prepared custard cups. Cover and let rise in a warm place for 15 to 20 minutes
or until slightly risen.
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Mix egg yolk and 1 tablespoon of water; brush gently over the bread bowls.
Bake for about 18 minutes, or until the bread bowls are golden brown. Carefully
lift the bread bowls off the custard cups. Cool the bread bowls upright on a
- Fill with chili, stew, or whatever you desire.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.