This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Gooey Cheese Bread
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons yeast
- 3 cups Swiss cheese, shredded
- Place all dough ingredients in pan and program for knead only. Press start.
The dough will be slightly sticky. After the kneading cycle, transfer the dough
to a lightly oiled bowl, cover it with plastic wrap, and let it rise in the
refrigerator overnight, or as long as 24 hours.
- Grease and flour a 9-inch cake pan. Heat the oven to 375 degrees F with
the rack in the center position.
- Remove the dough from the refrigerator and place it on a lightly floured
work surface. Roll the dough to a 14 x 10-inch rectangle with the long side
nearest you. Sprinkle 2 cups of the cheese over the surface of the dough. Starting
with the edge closest to you, roll the dough up like a jellyroll. Press the
edges together and turn it over so the seam is now facing down. With the seam
still down, roll the cylinder around itself in a coil and transfer it to the
prepared pan. Sprinkle the remaining cheese over the top of the loaf and allow
to rise, uncovered for 20 minutes.
- Bake for 35 minutes, then turn the oven temperature to 350 degrees F. Bake
for 10 more minutes. If the cheese begins to brown quickly during the first
35 minutes, lower the oven temperature sooner.