Hot Buttered Rum Loaf
This recipe make a 2-pound loaf. Measurements for a 1 1/2-pound loaf are in parentheses.
- 1 egg plus water to equal 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons (1 egg plus water to equal 1 cup)
- 2 tablespoons rum extract (1 tablespoon)
- 1/4 cup butter, softened (3 tablespoons)
- 3 3/4 cups Gold Medal Better Bread Flour (3 cups)
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar (3 tablespoons)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt (1 1/4 teaspoons)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon (1/2 teaspoon)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg (1/4 teaspoon)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom (1/4 teaspoon)
- 1 teaspoon Fleischmann's bread machine yeast (1 teaspoon)
- 1 egg yolk, beaten
- 1/2 tablespoon finely chopped pecans
- 1/2 tablespoon packed brown sugar
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Place all ingredients except Nutty Topping in bread machine pan in the order
recommended by the manufacturer. Select Sweet or Basic/White cycle. Use Medium
or Light crust color. Do not use delay cycle.
- Prepare Nutty Topping. About 40 - 50 minutes before bread is finished, lift
cover of bread machine and carefully brush topping on top of loaf. Close lid
to continue with cycle. Remove bread from pan and cool on wire rack.
Gold Medal recommends using butter instead of margarine for the best buttered
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Automatic Bread Machine Recipes