This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Old World Savory Euro Rye
- 1 1/2 cups bread or all-purpose flour*
- 1/2 cup coarse-ground rye flour
- 1 tablespoon wheat germ (or 2 tablespoons graham flour)
- 2 tablespoons gluten*
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons brown sugar**
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup water
- 1 1/2 tablespoons shortening (olive oil or lard)
- 2 teaspoons yeast
- Put all in machine in order recommended by manufacturer.
For a real rye flavor add caraway seeds.
* If you use bread flour, omit the gluten.
** Or leave out the brown sugar and
note that you must add 1 1/2 tablespoons honey on the label.
Posted by swm56 at Recipe Goldmine 10/28/2001 7:17 am.