Old World Savory Euro Rye
- 1 1/2 cups bread or all-purpose flour*
- 1/2 cup coarse-ground rye flour
- 1 tablespoon wheat germ (or 2 tablespoons graham flour)
- 2 tablespoons gluten*
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons brown sugar**
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup water
- 1 1/2 tablespoons shortening (olive oil or lard)
- 2 teaspoons yeast
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Put all in machine in order recommended by manufacturer.
For a real rye flavor add caraway seeds.
* If you use bread flour, omit the gluten.
** Or leave out the brown sugar and
note that you must add 1 1/2 tablespoons honey on the label.
Posted by swm56 at Recipe Goldmine 10/28/2001 7:17 am.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Automatic Bread Machine Recipes