Peaches and Cream Bread
- 1/4 cup heavy or whipping cream
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups peaches, peeled, pitted and chopped; fresh, frozen or canned, well-drained*
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons instant yeast
* If it's not peach season, 1 (16 ounce) can of peaches, well-drained and
chopped, works well.
- Place all of the ingredients into the pan of your bread machine, program
the machine for basic white bread, light crust setting, and press Start.
- Check the dough after 10 to 15 minutes of kneading; it should have formed
a smooth ball, soft but not sticky. If necessary, adjust the dough's consistency
with additional flour or water.
Yield: one 7- to 8-inch loaf
Nutrition information per serving (1 slice, 1/14 of loaf, 65g): 162 cal,
3/5g fat, 4g protein, 26g complex carbohydrates, 2g sugar, 1g dietary fiber, 24mg
cholesterol, 235mg sodium, 99mg potassium, 28RE vitamin A, 1mg vitamin C, 1mg iron,
59mg calcium, 55mg phosphorus