This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
This is a recipe that came with my bread machine (West Bend) which I have slightly
modified. I usually double the recipe and make them on 2 cookie sheets with edges.
When I first made pizza with this crust my 6 year old son told me it was the best
pizza in town! That is really a compliment because he is a VERY picky eater and
we have 8 pizza shops in our little town!
- 3/4 cup water (80 - 90 degrees F)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons Italian seasoning
- 2 teaspoons dry active yeast or 1 1/2 teaspoons bread machine yeast
- Select dough setting. Place ingredients in pan as listed making a shallow
well in the center for yeast. When dough cycle is complete, remove dough and
place on floured surface. Knead about 1 minute then let rest for about 15 minutes.
- Roll out dough to fit 12- or 14-inch pizza pan. Place dough in greased pan
that has been sprinkled with cornmeal. Press dough into pan, forming an edge.
Let dough rise in a warm, draft-free place for 20-25 minutes.
- Spread with your favorite pizza sauce, cheese and toppings.
- Bake in preheated 425 degrees F oven for 15-20 minutes or until nicely
browned on top.
- Let rest for 5 minutes before cutting.
Posted by Robin in MA at recipegoldmine.com.