Portuguese Sweet Bread
This is a very heavy bread - good as toast, too!
- 2 1/4 teaspoons yeast
- 4 cups bread flour
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 egg
- 4 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons butter or margarine, softened
- 2/3 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons water
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- Place all ingredients in order listed. Select light crust setting.
The crust will be very brown. This is due to the high sugar content of
the bread. It does not affect the flavor, however.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Automatic Bread Machine Recipes