This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Potato Bread is an excellent bread machine recipe made from mashed potatoes.
- 1 cup potato water, cooled to room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups mashed potatoes
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon dry milk powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons instant or bread machine yeast
- Clean and pare the potatoes, then boil until done, reserving the water. Mash
and let cool.
- Put the ingredients in the above order into a bread machine and mix on
the dough setting. Remove from the machine after the cycle completes, then
place on a vegetable oil-sprayed counter top, covered, for 15 minutes.
- Knead a bit until the air bubbles are removed, place in a loaf pan and
let rise until just a few inches above the pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 35 minutes.