This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Ranch Hamburger Buns
- 1/2 cup water, 70-80 degrees F
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons nonfat dry milk powder
- 4 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon dry ranch salad dressing mix
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3 cups bread flour
- 2 1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- In bread machine pan, place the ingredients in order suggested by machine
- Select dough setting. Check dough after five minutes of mixing;
add 1 to 2 tablespoons water or flour if needed.
- When the cycle is completed,
turn dough onto a lightly greased surface. Cut into 12 pieces, then shape each
into a round ball. Place in greased jumbo muffin cups or in 9 x 13-inch baking
pan. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled (about 35 minutes), then
brush buns with an egg wash mixture of 1 slightly beaten egg and 2 tablespoons
- Sprinkle with poppy or sesame seeds, if desired.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes at 400 degrees F or until lightly browned.
- Remove from pans to wire racks to cool.