This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Raspberry Cream Bread
- 3/4 cup sour cream or yogurt, regular or low fat
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter or vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons raspberry extract
- 1/3 cup canned raspberry pie filling
- 2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup wheat germ
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 1 1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- If the instructions that came with your baking machine call for the yeast
to be placed in the baking pan first thing, remember to add the other dry ingredients
before the liquids. Otherwise, scoop the sour cream or yogurt into the pan and
add the butter (or canola oil), raspberry extract, raspberry filling, flour,
wheat germ and salt. Scatter the yeast over the top of the other ingredients
or place it in its own separate dispenser if your machine has such a device.
- Set the machine to its rapid-bake cycle for this loaf.
- When the loaf has cooled enough so that it can be sliced without difficulty,
remove the top and bottom crusts and cut the remaining square or round into
slices 1 to 1 1/2 inches thick.
- Serve the slices warm with a scoop of raspberry sorbet, a ladling of raspberry
syrup or Raspberry Melba Sauce, and a few fresh raspberries scattered over the
Yields 1 loaf.