Rum Raisin Bread
Rum Raisin Bread is a little sweeter and richer than the usual raisin bread. For best
results, soak the raisins in rum overnight and measure the raisins after soaking.
- 2 tablespoons rum
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 cups bread flour
- 1 tablespoon dry milk powder
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon rum flavored extract
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- In a small bowl, pour rum over raisins. Let stand for 30 minutes and drain.
- Place ingredients in pan in the order recommended by the manufacturer.
- Use the regular setting for a 1 pound loaf.
- If your machine has a Fruit setting, add the raisins at the signal, or about
5 minutes before the kneading cycle has finished.
Makes 1 (1 pound) loaf.