This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Russian Black Bread
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 1/2 cups bread flour
- 1 cup rye flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 tablespoons dark corn syrup
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee granules
- 1 tablespoon caraway seed
- 1/4 teaspoon fennel seed (optional)
- 2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- Place ingredients into the bread machine in order suggested by the manufacturer.
- Use the whole wheat, regular crust setting.
- After the baking cycle ends, remove bread from pan, place on a cake rack,
and allow to cool for 1 hour before slicing.