This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Soft Mall Pretzels
- 1 1/2 cups lukewarm water
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon sea salt or margarita salt
- 1 package yeast
- Place all ingredients in bread machine in order recommended by manufacturer,
or as listed; set for dough cycle.
- When finished, turn dough out on a lightly floured surface. With sharp kitchen
shears (a pizza cutting wheel works great too) cut dough into 12 equal pieces.
Roll each piece into a 16 inch rope. Shape pretzel.
- Dip both sides briefly into a bowl filled with 1 cup water and 1 tablespoon
baking soda and place on a greased baking sheet.
- Heat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Let pretzels rise for 15 minutes, then bake for 8 - 10 minutes, until golden
- Remove from oven and brush with melted butter and sprinkle with desired
If you want a sweet pretzel, sprinkle instead with sugar and cinnamon.
Try topping with Parmesan cheese and Italian seasoning
Pretzel dips: Melted cheese, flavored cream cheese, chocolate sauce, etc.