This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Sunflower Oatmeal Bread
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons water (70-80 degrees F)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 3 cups bread flour
- 2 tablespoons nonfat dry milk powder
- 2 1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup salted sunflower kernels, toasted
- In bread machine pan, place all ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer.
- Select basic bread setting.
- Choose crust color and loaf size if available.
- Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing;
add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed).
Yield: 1 loaf (about 1 1/2 pounds)