This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Sweet Lelani Bread
Amounts given are for a 1 1/2 pound loaf (1 pound amounts are in parentheses).
- 1/2 cup (1/3 cup) canned pineapple chunks, cut up and well drained (reserve juice)
- 1/4 cup (3 tablespoons) buttermilk (Welbilt/DAK & Zojirushi: add 2 tablespoons
(1 tablespoon) more buttermilk)
- 1/4 cup (2 tablespoons) reserved pineapple juice
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup (1/3 cup) very ripe banana slices
- 3 cups (2 cups) bread flour
- 1/4 cup (3 tablespoons) whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons (2 tablespoons) butter or margarine
- 1 1/2 tablespoons (1 tablespoon) sugar
- 1/2 cup (1/3 cup) shredded coconut
- 1/3 cup (1/4 cup) chopped macadamia nuts
- 2 teaspoons (1 1/2 teaspoons) active dry yeast
- Place all ingredients, except macadamia nuts, in bread pan. Select light
crust or sweet bread or raisin/nut cycle. Press start.
- Add nuts when raisin/nut signal beeps.
- Remove bread from pan when done; cool on cake rack for 1 hour before slicing.
Source: The Bread Machine Magic Book of Helpful Hints