This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Vanilla Raisin Bread
- 2/3 cup raisins
- 3 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/8 to 1 1/4 cups buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 3 1/2 cups bread flour
- 2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- Soak raisins in vanilla extract for at least one hour OR combine the raisins
and vanilla extract and microwave on HIGH for 1 minute. (For a stronger vanilla
flavor, reserve the vanilla drained from the raisins and use some of it as part
of your liquid.)
- Drain raisins well and discard vanilla or use part of it as directed above.
- Place all ingredients in bread pan, using the least amount of liquid in
- Select Light Crust setting and press Start. Observe the dough as
it kneads. If after 5 to 10 minutes it appears dry or if your machine sounds
as if it's straining, add more liquid 1 tablespoon at a time until the dough
is smooth, soft and slightly tacky to the touch.
- After the baking cycle ends, cool bread on wire rack for 1 hour before slicing.
Yield: 1 1/2 pound loaf
Calories: 180; Fat: 3.3 grams; Sodium: 200 mg