Beer Can Date Bread
- 8 empty beer cans
- 2 tablespoons baking soda
- 1 cup dates
- 2 cups beer
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 4 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 cup pecans
- Remove tops from beer cans with can opener; lightly oil insides.
- Sprinkle baking soda on dates. Heat beer to boiling and pour over date mixture;
set aside to cool.
- Cream butter, maple syrup, vanilla extract and eggs. Stir in flour. Add
nuts and cooled date mixture. Spoon batter into cans, filling only 1/2 full.
- Bake with cans standing up on cookie sheet, at 350 degrees F for 15 to 30
minutes; look for tops to split and test for doneness.
- Do not cut bread for 1 day as the bread may crumble if it is sliced while
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.