Can Can Date-Nut Bread
- 1 (8 ounce) package Bordo Imported Diced Dates
- 3/4 cup raisins
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup boiling water
- 2 tablespoons soft butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 1/3 cups flour
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- Place dates and raisins in covered bowl. Add baking soda and boiling water.
Cover and let stand.
- Cream butter and sugar. Add vanilla extract. Add egg and beat well. Add
flour; mix until moistened.
- Pour in fruit mixture, including liquid and pecans, and mix gently to prevent
crushing the fruits.
- Place a small amount of butter in the bottom of each of 5 empty condensed
soup cans. Let the butter melt in the cans in the oven for a few minutes, before
filling with batter. Then fill cans 2/3 full.
- Bake at 325 degrees F for 45 minutes or until cake tests done.
- Remove from can while warm.
- If you prefer to make this recipe in a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan, butter the bottom
of pan. Add batter.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 45 to 55 minutes, or until cake tests done.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.