- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 package dry yeast
- 2 eggs
- 6 ounces sharp cheese, grated
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Combine milk, 1/2 cup water, sugar, vegetable oil and salt in saucepan.
Heat over low heat until blended.
- Combine 1 1/2 cups flour and yeast in large mixing bowl. Add liquid mixture
to flour; beat until smooth.
- Blend in eggs, cheese and pepper.
- Stir in remaining 2 cups flour to make a stiff batter. Beat until smooth
- Spoon into two greased 1-pound coffee cans. Cover with plastic lids. Let
rise in warm place for 1 hour or until light and bubbly. Batter should be 1/2
inch below can cover.
- Remove lids.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 30 to 35 minutes.
- Cool for 15 minutes.
- Remove from cans. Cool on wire rack.
Makes 2 loaves.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.