Coffee Can Pumpkin Bread
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 2/3 cup water
- 2 cups canned pumpkin
- 3 1/3 cups sifted all-purpose flour (sift, then measure)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup diced walnuts or pecans (optional)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour four (1-pound) coffee cans
(or two standard bread pans).
- In a mixing bowl, combine oil, eggs, water and pumpkin.
- In another bowl, sift together flour, salt, nutmeg, baking soda, cinnamon
- Make a well in center of dry ingredients and add pumpkin mixture. Blend
until dry ingredients are moist.
- Stir in raisins and nuts.
- Bake for 1 hour and 20 minutes.
- Cool briefly in cans or pans before turning out onto a rack.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.