- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup canned corn kernels, drained (or thawed if frozen)
- 2 tablespoons scallions, chopped
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup beer
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/2 cup Cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 egg, beaten
- Heat oven to 425 degrees F. Spray an 8-inch square baking pan with cooking spray.
- In a medium mixing bowl, mix together corn meal, flour, salt, corn kernels, scallions,
sugar and baking powder.
- Stir in milk, beer, melted butter, cheese and egg. Mix until combined.
- Place in oven and bake for 20 minutes.