Blue and Yellow Corn Bread
- 1 1/4 cups blue cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon baking powder, divided
- 1 teaspoon baking soda, divided
- 1 1/4 cups yellow cornmeal
- 1 1/2 cups soy milk, buttermilk or skim milk
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Heat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Spray an 8-inch pie plate or 8-inch square glass dish with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, mix blue cornmeal with 1/2 teaspoon each baking powder and baking
- In another bowl, mix yellow cornmeal with remaining 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
and baking soda.
- In a third bowl, combine milk, honey and oil. Mix well, then divide milk mixture
between the two cornmeals; mix each to incorporate milk mixture.
- Fill baking dish halfway up with yellow-cornmeal mixture, reserving 1 cup in
bowl. Spoon all the blue cornmeal mixture on top of the yellow.
- Swirl remaining yellow-cornmeal mixture on top of the blue. Drag a knife through
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until tester comes out clean.