Blueberry Corn Bread
- 1 3/4 cups yellow cornmeal
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups blueberries, washed and dried
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs, beaten lightly
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted and cooled
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- Butter and lightly flour a 13 x 9-inch baking pan. Heat the oven to 425 degrees
- Combine cornmeal, flour, baking powder and salt in a large shallow bowl.
- Sprinkle 2 to 3 tablespoons of the dry ingredients over the blueberries and toss
- Stir sugar into the dry mixture, then stir in the eggs, butter and milk.
- Add the blueberries and mix lightly.
- Turn into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until a wooden pick inserted near the center comes
- Cool 10 minutes in the pan, then turn out onto a plate and slice or cut into
- Serve hot or warm with butter.