Cheesy Onion Cornbread
- 1 large Spanish onion
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 1/2 cup cornbread mix
- 1 (8 ounce) can cream-style corn
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 3 ounces finely diced pepperoni (optional)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Slice onion into thin rings.
- Melt butter in small skillet. Add onion. Saute over medium heat about 10 minutes
or until transparent. Set aside to cool.
- Heat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Combine corn bread mix, corn, milk, egg and Tabasco sauce in a large bowl. Stir
in 1/2 cup cheese and pepperoni, if desired. Pour into a greased 8-inch square baking
- Combine sour cream, salt, onion and 1/4 cup cheese. Mix well. Spread in an even
layer over batter in pan. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove to wire rack. Let stand 10
minutes before cutting into squares.