- 4 cups yellow cornmeal
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup baking powder
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 quart milk
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup butter or margarine, melted
- In large bowl, combine cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Mix well.
- In separate bowl, combine milk, eggs and melted butter. Add this mixture to the
dry ingredients. Mix well.
- Pour batter into greased 12 x 18-inch baking pan.
- Bake in preheated 400 degree F oven until light golden brown, about 30 to 35 minutes.
- Cool and cut into 2-inch squares.
If desired, 2 cups fresh corn kernels may be added to the batter. Mix well