Handy Andy Jalapeno Cornbread
- 3 cups cornbread mix
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup whole kernel corn
- 1 small can (about 4 ounces) chopped jalapenos peppers, drained (use less, to taste)
- 2 1/2 cups grated sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 large onion, finely minced
- 1/2 cup salad oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Heat large cast iron skillet or 9 x 13-inch baking
pan in oven.
- In a large bowl, mix together cornbread mix, milk and eggs.
- Add drained corn, jalapenos, cheese and onion. Heat oil and add to mixture
with salt; stir well.
- Pour into heated pan and bake until done, about 45 minutes.
Source: Handy Andy egg carton