- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 4 tablespoons melted shortening
- 1 cup cream-style corn
- 1 cup grated Cheddar
- 3 diced jalapeno peppers or 1 can diced green chile
- 1 (4 ounce) jar sliced pimento
- If using green chile peppers, dice them.
- Combine buttermilk and cornmeal. Let stand 30 minutes.
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Add remaining ingredients. Mix well. Pour into a 13 x 9-inch greased pan and
bake for 30 minutes.
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.