- 1 large Spanish onion
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cups corn muffin mix
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 cup canned cream style corn
- 2 drops hot pepper sauce
- 1 cup dairy sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dill weed
- 1 cup grated sharp Cheddar cheese
- Heat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Peel onion, slice and sauté slowly in butter.
- Combine muffin mix, egg, milk, corn and pepper sauce. Place in buttered 8-inch
square pan (Corning or glass works best).
- Add sour cream, salt, dill weed and 1/2 cup cheese to sautéed onions. Spread
over batter; sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes.