Meltaway Corn Bread
- 1/2 cup margarine
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup Monterey jack cheese, grated
- 1/4 teaspoon
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1/2 to 1 cup granulated sugar, to taste
- 1 (16
ounce) can cream-style corn
- 1/2 cup Colby cheese, grated
- 1 cup all-purpose
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- Butter a 12 x 8-inch pan and dust with flour.
- Cream margarine and sugar together.
- Add eggs, creamed corn, cheeses and salt;
- Sift flour, yellow corn meal and baking powder together. Combine this with corn-cheese
mixture, not over-mixing. Pour into pan.
- Bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour at 300 degrees F.