Old-Fashioned Corn Sticks
- 1 1/2 cups cornmeal
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil or bacon drippings
- Combine first 6 ingredients in a large bowl.
- Combine eggs, buttermilk, and oil; add to dry ingredients, stirring just until
- Place a well-greased cast iron corn stick pan in a 450 degree F oven for 3 minutes
or until pan is hot.
- Remove pan from oven; spoon batter into pan, filling three-fourths
- Bake at 450 degrees F for 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
To make muffins, grease and heat muffin pans as directed. Spoon batter
into pans, filling two-thirds full. Bake as directed.