- 1/4 cup butter (softened to room temperature)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
cup orange juice
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 2 teaspoons baking
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups (16 ounces) fresh
corn, lightly chopped (may substitute canned or frozen)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- While oven is heating, lightly spray 9 x 9-inch pan with canola oil and dust
with flour. Set aside.
- Beat together butter and sugar with electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add
eggs and orange juice; beat just until combined.
- Combine flour, cornmeal, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Whisk together.
Fold flour mixture into orange juice mixture, just until combined. Stir in chopped
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for 30 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted
in center comes out clean.
- Cool slightly and cut into 12 squares.
Makes 12 servings
Mix together 1/4 cup softened butter with 2 tablespoons of orange
honey. Makes a wonderful butter to spread on the cornbread.