- 1/4 cup butter (softened to room temperature)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups (16 ounces) fresh corn, lightly chopped (may substitute canned or frozen)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- While oven is heating, lightly spray 9 x 9-inch pan with canola oil and dust
with flour. Set aside.
- Beat together butter and sugar with electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add
eggs and orange juice; beat just until combined.
- Combine flour, cornmeal, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Whisk together.
Fold flour mixture into orange juice mixture, just until combined. Stir in chopped
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for 30 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted
in center comes out clean.
- Cool slightly and cut into 12 squares.
Makes 12 servings
Orange Butter: Mix together 1/4 cup softened butter with 2 tablespoons of orange
honey. Makes a wonderful butter to spread on the cornbread.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.