- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 5 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 3/4 cup crushed pineapple, well drained
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and sugar. Sift again and add cornmeal.
- Combine egg, milk, crushed pineapple, melted butter and nuts. Cool slightly.
- Pour into flour mixture and stir just enough to moisten the dry ingredients. Do
- Turn into greased 8-inch square baking pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 50 minutes.
- Serve hot.