Prairie Home Cornbread
This is a delicious, moist cornbread.
- 1 1/2 cups cornmeal
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease a 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- In a small bowl, combine cornmeal and milk; let stand for 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, salt and sugar. Mix in
the cornmeal mixture, eggs and oil until smooth. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until a knife inserted into the center of the cornbread
comes out clean.