Rich Cornbread with Honey Butter
This is a dense, slightly sweetened cornbread which is super delicious served
with honey which is a must for this bread.
- 3 cups self-rising cornmeal
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 6 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable oil
- 2 2/3 cups cream style corn
- 1 1/4 cups (2 1/2 sticks) butter
- 1/2 cup honey
- Mix softened butter and room temperature honey together. Serve with warm cornbread.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine ingredients in order listed. Mix well. Pour into a greased 9 x 13-inch
- Bake for approximately 30 minutes. The top should have a rich golden brown
Makes 12 squares of cornbread.
Posted by bettyboop50 at Recipe Goldmine 6/9/01 7:56:55 am.