Southern Corn Sticks
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a medium bowl; stir well.
- Combine egg, buttermilk and oil; add to dry ingredients, stirring just until
- Place a well-greased cast iron corn stick pan in a 450 degree F oven
for 3 minutes or until pan is hot.
- Remove pan from oven; spoon batter into pan, filling two-thirds full.
- Bake at 450 degrees F for 12 to 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Cornbread Recipes