Southern Corn Sticks
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a medium bowl; stir well.
- Combine egg, buttermilk and oil; add to dry ingredients, stirring just until
- Place a well-greased cast iron corn stick pan in a 450 degree F oven
for 3 minutes or until pan is hot.
- Remove pan from oven; spoon batter into pan, filling two-thirds full.
- Bake at 450 degrees F for 12 to 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.